Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Can we have assurance through troubles in life.

The world is so full of sin and heartache, that if we don't have God to depend on for assurance through it all, it would be tough to hang on. That's why there are so many suicides, without God there is nothing, absolutely nothing.  I am so thankful for the Bible and all the encouragement that God gives us through His word.  We can be so much encouragement to others if we put our trust in Him and share His promises with others.  I am trying to do that through this blog, as I am not able to get out and fellowship much.  I am trying to think of other ways I can share His love and I know that He will give me some ideas as I struggle to keep sharing.  May you be able to share too, one thing you can do is share these blogs with others, or study and share.  So what is the assurance that we have in the Bible to help us in our daily lives.  Here are some.

Isaiah 41:13  "For I, am the Lord your God, I will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you."

Psalm 46:1  "God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea."

Isaiah 43:2,3  "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.  When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.  For I am the Lord your God."

2 Corinthians 1:21,22  "It is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ.  He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."

Philippians 1: 6  "Being confident of this very thing that He who has begun a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

These are some great promises, aren't they?  What would we do without His presence with us through His Holy Spirit?  I wouldn't survive, how about you?  Praise God for His wonderful works in the children of men.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment