Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What about Jealousy?

Once in a while someone will become very jealous over your position in the church or work place.  Or it's possible that you might become jealous of someone.  It is a good way to ruin friendship or a relationship isn't it?  Jealousy is a very wicked trait and should be put away as soon as we realize that we are jealous and then of course what to we do with the one that is jealous of us.  I don't think there is much we can do except to pray for them and treat them kindly.  That's what I have done just recently, well, about a year ago someone was so jealous of me, it turned into hate and I always spoke kindly to her and treated her as kindly as I could.  I shed many  tears over it because it is not easy to be hated but it happens and now by God's grace I really know how to handle it.  God is so good to teach us out of His word.  I believe there is instruction in His word for every circumstance in life.  Let's see about jealousy. Another word for jealousy would be envy.

Proverbs 14:30  "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."

Galatians 5:26  "Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another."

James 3:16  "For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing is there."

Envy or jealousy rots the bones, and where it exists, confusion and every evil thing is there.  I think if you think back on your life that you will see that jealousy is a very hurtful trait to have and we don't want to be guilty of hurting anyone in this way, do we?  Are you growing along with me?  It's fun being a Christian and getting a handle on these things through God's word, isn't it?  I am learning so much I hope God gives me some years left to share and I will sure to do it if He does.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment