Thursday, October 1, 2015

Proper attitude towards God's word

I have heard various expressions that do not show respect and reverence towards a Holy God, and taking His name upon our lips in swearing is one of the ways, another way is calling Him 'the man upstairs', I have heard that too and it actually pains my heart to hear His name spoken so lightly,  I want to protect His name and what it means to me but people don't even give it a second thought. Today I want to study about our proper attitude towards and Holy God and His Word.

Psalm 119:161  "My heart stands in awe of Your Word."  Awe would be reverence of His word.

Isaiah 66:2  (last part, God speaking)  "But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite Spirit.  And trembles at My word."  God's word should be looked upon as something that causes us to tremble when we read things that touch our hearts.  It sometimes brings tears when we feel of unworthy.

Jeremiah 23:28  "Let him speak My word faithfully."  We must be faithful in sharing with others when we have the opportunity.

Acts 17:11  "Search the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so."  Test what I have written and see if it is true.  If you think it isn't, let me know, I don't want to bring reproach upon God's word.

Acts 8:25  "So when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord they returned to Jerusalem."  Those that are able should preach the word of the Lord and help others understand His word.

Acts 4:29  "Now Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word."  We need not worry about what others think when we talk about God's word, but speak with boldness that others my learn to study His word too.

That is probably enough today, it is important that we reverence God and His word and let it affect our lives to the point of trembling at His word, we also need to search His word to make sure what we are reading or hearing is truth and not take someone else's word for truth.  We can always give our testimony even if we cannot preach the word, our testimony will glorify God.  We also need to be faithful in studying His word and sharing it, also be bold, regardless if others threaten us or not.  There may come a time in the near future when we will have to suffer threats.  It seems to me that the world is becoming less and less leaning to Christian standards.  Do you find it like this too.  Let's be faithful to God regardless of what happens, knowing that our security is in Him.  Tomorrow will be a few more on attitude towards God's word.  Until then be faithful.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment