Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Christian Walk.

In other words 'The Christian way to live".  We have learned from the last few posts that we need to keep in His word and all the blessings that follow when we do.  I felt like I needed to study what the Christian walk was all about, or how we should live.  It is very interesting and I know for those of you who are just starting the Christian life, this may be a little hard to understand but remember if we study His word, He will give us understanding, which we all need as we study.  So pray and follow on to know how God wants us to live.

1 John 1:5  "This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare unto you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all."

1 John 1:7  "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."

1 John 1:6  "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth."

3 John 4  "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

Colossians 2:6  "As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him."

Galatians 5:16  "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."

Galatians 5:25  "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."

My experience with these verses, lest you become discouraged by reading them.

It is good to know that in God there is no darkness at all, if there was, how would we know truth when we read it. I have found that when I am following closely to God I know that He is cleansing me from sin as I study His word, I see what sin is or what the lust of the flesh is and I am convicted to give it up to Him and He takes care of it.  Another benefit of studying His word.

If we brag about having fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we are a liar and are not practicing the truth that we are reading in His word.  If Paul had no greater joy than to see His children walk in truth, what kind of joy do you think our Father in heaven feels when we turn to Him from darkness?  How do we keep from fulfilling the lust of the flesh?  Walk in the Spirit and we shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.  A great promise from God Himself.  If we live in the Spirit let us also walk in the Spirit.  Our lives will reflect whether we are walking in darkness or light.  This has been very enlightening and I have some more for tomorrow, don't miss it. I love to know God's will for my life and you will too as you study His word.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment