Friday, October 16, 2015

Our words seasoned with grace.

I want my words to be a blessing to others, I don't want to hurt anyone, I am afraid I have done that way too many times.  It's time to take stock of what I say and it would probably be a good time to take stock of what I listen to, too.  Too many times I have spoken before I think and too many days I have forgotten to invite the Holy Spirit into my life to control all that I do and say.  So here are some promises to help us if you have that problem too, maybe we can all benefit from these Bible verses.

Psalm 141:3  "Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips."

Proverbs 18:21  "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."

Ephesians 4:29  "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

Luke 6:45  "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil.  For out of the abundance of his heart his mouth speaks."

Colossians 3:8  "But now you, yourself are to put off all these, anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy filthy language out of your mouth."

On my blogs on the Holy Spirit, if we invite Him in every morning the first thing, He will take charge of our mouths, our actions and guide us through the day and we will have a wonderful day of victory.  It's all possible through the Holy Spirit's power in our lives.  This is such great news and I have experienced victory over a sin that most of you probably wouldn't call sin, but because I know for me it is, and I have fought it for years and when I started asking the Holy Spirit first thing in the morning I have seen His power at work in my life in many ways.  Please don't give up, it is so simple to do that and that is the way that Christ overcame too.  Christ spend many hours in prayer to His Father for overcoming power and also for His Disciples.  So hold on, it is possible.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment