Monday, October 26, 2015

Is it OK to judge others?

Sometimes it is very hard not to judge someones actions or words.  But I have a couple of friends that don't dress like I think they should, and I know it's not my business how they dress, what they wear or what they do.  I over look those things and we are just the best friends and that's how it should be.  I have not always seen things in this manner and have in past years been very judgmental.  I hate it now and hope I have the victory over it, not sure yet but as I seek to be filled with God's Holy Spirit the desire to do that is fading fast away and I thank Him immensely.  I would like to share some verses with you this morning on judging.

Luke 23:33  "And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left.   Then Jesus said, 'Father forgive them for they know not what they do."  Can we do that?  It is a hard thing isn't it?

Ezekiel 36:26,27  "I will give you a new heart and put a new Spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh.  I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you will keep my judgments and do them."  This is another verse that says that He will cause us to walk in His statutes and keep His judgments and do them.  Every morning before I get out of bed, I ask Him to fill me with His Holy Spirit.  I don't want to mess up my relationship with Him, I want to start my day out with Him.  It works so beautifully, I can't figure out why it took me so many years to understand how to have victory over the sin in my life.  If you are young or even middle age or older, don't waste any more years, believe what God says and live a life for Him, you will never be sorry.

Matthew 7:1,2  "Judge not, that you be not judged.  For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged;  and with what measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

John 8:7 "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Matthew 7:5  "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your own eye."

Not very long ago, I had a friend judge me very harshly and it hurt very much and I thought about it and what I should do about it and my new knowledge about sin, told me to forgive and forget it and that is what I did.  It's buried and I feel very forgiving about it.  It is so simple when we let Jesus and His Holy Spirit take over, it's really sooooo simple I can't believe I could have been living like this all my life.  It's wonderful and I know if you try it you will be very blessed indeed.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment