Wednesday, October 7, 2015

How not to walk in the Christian life.

Walking in the Christian life is very important to those of us who want to walk worthy of what Christ has done for us.  There are two verses that I have put on my blog before that gives me so much encouragement and I am going to use them today too.  Hoping that by multiple use it will stick in our minds.  So many of us try our hardest and I have tried hard too, but there is a better way and the first two verses I present are promises that are amazing, please try to remember them and you will find the Christian walk so much easier.  God bless you as you go through this.

1 Thessalonians 5:22-24  "Abstain from every form of evil.  Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely: and may your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."  Did you get that.  Christ is telling us to abstain from every form of evil and He will sanctify us completely, our spirit, soul and body and preserve us blameless at Christ's second coming. And the best part is He that calls us is faithful, who also will do it.  I love the fact that He is willing to do it for us when we are surrendered to Him.

Philippians 1:6  "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."  He will complete His work in us until the end.  We don't really have to worry about it except that we need to surrender out lives to Him to do His will in us.  And according to these two verses He is very willing to abide in us and complete His work in us.  I am so grateful for His work in me.  I know I have a long way to go but I trust His promises that He will do it for me and complete it.

Now for how not to walk in the Christian life, Trust in God and remember these two verses above.

John 8:12  "Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world.  He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Romans 8:1,4  "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.  That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according, to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."

Ephesians 4:17  "This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind."

2 Corinthians 4:2  "But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness not handling the word of God deceitfully, but by the manifestation of the truth, commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God."

You see no matter what God commands us to do, He gives us the power to do it through His Spirit.  We do not have to worry about the doing, because He does the doing.  We must make choices to follow Him and surrender to Him and sometimes this is not easy, but He will help us with that too, just ask Him to take over your life.  You will not be sorry one bit, it's easier to be saved then to fight with the devil and do his bidding and be lost.  Won't you join me in complete surrender and enjoy His companionship the rest of our lives?  I know you won't be sorry.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment