Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Cleansing Miracle.

Do you ever feel dirty?  Not dirt dirty, but soul and spirit dirty?  The closer we come to Jesus the more we will see ourselves as we really are and this is a good sign, it means that His Holy Spirit is at work in our hearts.  So I don't feel bad at all when He shows me something that is not right in my heart.  I am not proud of it and many times ashamed of what it is but knowing that God's Spirit is working in me means so much.  I came across a 'cleansing miracle' that I have read many, many times but it didn't hit me until this morning what a miracle it really is and so very simple anyone can do it and it only takes a few minutes of your time but I can tell you that if you take the time, you will be so rewarded that you will probably take more time each day until like yesterday I spent over two hours and I had such a wonderful day.

Psalms 119:9 tells us what this miracle is.  "How can a young man cleanse his way?  By taking heed according to your word."  This was written to young men, but believe me it works for us oldies too.

John 15:3  "Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you."  This is just two verses but packed with instruction that really works a miracle in our lives and doesn't take that long each day but it does become such a good habit that you want to spend more time and more time until you feel that you can't survive without it.  I know because it has become the first thing I want to do when I get up in the morning.  I usually spend time with God talking to Him in prayer and ask for His blessing on my study and on my day and then I am ready to see what He has for me this day in His word.  It is a wonderful way to start your day

I have been reading a book called 'At Jesus Feet', by Doug Batchelor, it's about Mary Magdelene and it really is worth getting if you want something spiritual to read.  I only read spiritual material because I want my mind to be fortified with the word and strength to resist temptation when it comes.  I mean as far as books go, I glance at the paper when I get one but that's about it. Once a week a little newspaper from our town comes and its nice to know what is happening locally.  I am not an ostrich with my head in the sand not knowing what is going on but it doesn't occupy much of my time.  If you want that book, just press the Amazing Facts button and follow the instructions.  I do not receive anything for advertising this, I just want to help you.

So what do you think of my cleansing miracle?  It works so wonderfully that I can't help but share it with you.  I hope with all my heart that you will try it and don't give up, because it doesn't take long to see what it is doing for you.  And by the way, thanks for your prayers for me, God is really helping me with my patience and I feel so much better about my problems when I trust Him with them.  I hope my prayers for you are an encouragement and that you are growing in Christ each day.  It really is a beautiful way to live.

Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment