Thursday, July 11, 2013

Another Unseen Companion Story

I guess you can see why I am a Christian, I have so much to be thankful for.  This happened about 54 years ago, my son was just two years old and we were picnicking with friends and were eating lunch or just finishing up and the kids went down to the waters edge at the lake and my son had three older siblings, not that old, the oldest being eight and a half.

We were sitting there visiting around the table when all of a sudden I heard a loud voice yell, 'the baby'.  I turned to see what happened and my baby son was floating face down on the water and I jumped up and ran as fast as I could and dashed out and picked him up and he had held his breath until I got there.

I couldn't figure out why no one else ran down to help and I found out after I calmed down a bit that I was the only one who had heard the voice yell, 'the baby'.

Who do you think yelled at me that day and why didn't anyone else hear it?  I will let you figure it out, it is pretty simple for me to understand.

I didn't entertain an angel that day but I sure heard one and I will go back to the Psalms 91:11,12  For He shall give His angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways.  In their hands they shall bear you up lest you should dash your foot against a stone.  How blessed we are to have such care over us at all times.  We will never know just how many times our lives have been spared until we see Jesus and He tells us of all the times that we came near death and didn't even know it.

You have angel companions watching over you too so don't be presumptious and careless, just know that they are there when you need them and they are always wanting to help us if we will serve God and do His will.

The first verse in Psalms 91 explains that.  "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."  Remember I have been stressing staying in the presence of the Lord day by day and we can count on His merciful care when we do this.  I am a sinner saved by His grace and you can have the same experience. I am sure some of you have had greater experiences than I have and would love to hear them.  Stay close to Jesus is my advice because He cares for you.  He really does.

Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment