Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy Promises.

How many of you desire happiness, I mean real happiness, no flawed happiness?  I desire that kind of happiness with all my heart and I would guess that just about anyone out there would desire that kind of happiness.  So today I am going to share some Bible promises with you about happiness.  Because I need them, I thought that some of you might just need them too.  So here goes.

Psalms 144:15  "Happy is that people whose God is the Lord"  If God is our Lord, then we should be a happy people, shouldn't we?

Proverbs 3:13  "Happy is that man that findeth wisdom and the man that getteth understanding." According to this verse, finding wisdom and understanding will bring us happiness.  Let's search for it, OK?

Psalms 146:5  "Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God." We should be happy that we have Jacob's God for our help, that is a wonderful promise.

Proverbs 14:21 "He that hath mercy upon the poor, happy is he." We should have mercy upon the poor and that will help us in our search for happiness.

Proverbs 16:20  "...whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he."  Trusting in God will for sure bring us abundant happiness.

1  Peter 4:14  "If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you."  If we are being made fun of or criticized for our Christian beliefs, we should be happy knowing that the spirit of glory and of God is resting upon us.  We need to remember this in case we run into this kind of problem.

Job 5:17  "Happy is the man whom God correcteth."  Most of us do not like correction but when God corrects us it is for our future, eternal good and we should not only be happy about it but be grateful for it.

Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."  We need a vision of what God can do in our life, otherwise we perish in our own thoughts.  Keeping God's law will give us vision to keep us going in the right direction.

I hope these verses helped you with your happiness.  Pray about it and God really will work in your life to bring happiness.  I have always been a happy person until my husband passed away and I have had a real hard time getting my happiness back again.  But this little study has helped me and I am going to ask God to bring my happiness back to me.  You can do the same.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment