Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Let's Exercise!

Do you like to exercise?  The one I like the best is walking and I am not able to go for walks like I use to.  We use to have a mountain behind our house in Oregon and my grandkids and I would hike to the top every morning and run back down, that was our exercise for the day.  It was fun and the kids enjoyed it too.

I was thinking today about walking our way to the kingdom and when I searched it out I found so much about walking that I thought I would share it with you.  It really makes sense.

Micah 6:8  "He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God."  As we learn to exercise, let us learn to walk humbly, putting others first in our lives, that's pretty simple but not always easy to do, so let's practice walking humbly.

2 Corinthians 5:7  "For we walk by faith, not by sight."  I believe the next text explains what walking by faith means.
Isaiah 30:21  "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left."  So walking by faith is listening to God's word telling us which way to walk, I think we will find the directions for which way to walk in the Bible, by daily study and talking to God in prayer.  So let's practice walking humbly and by faith.  Good exercise!!

Galatians 5:16  "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."  What does 'walk in the Spirit' mean?  Could it be walking in God's will and not our own?  I think so because if we are walking in God's will, we won't want to walk in our fleshly lusts.  So let's practice walking humbly, and by faith in God's will or in the Spirit.  This exercise is good, do you feel like you are gaining ground in your walk?

Ephesians 5:2  "Walk in love...."  How hard is it to walk in love?  If we have Christ's love in us it should be fairly easy to walk in love.  So now we walk humbly, and by faith in God's will and in love.

Colossians 1:10  "That you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God."  So now we walk humbly, and by faith in God's will and in His love and worthy of the Lord, pleasing Him being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.  What a walk this has been, are you tired from our walk?  I hope not, we are supposed to be refreshed when we spend time with God, specially walking with Him, what a privilege is ours to be able to walk with God.  There is a reward for this kind of walk.  Do you know what it is?

Revelation 3:4  "....They shall walk with me in white, for they are worthy."  Shall we plan on walking with God in white someday?  That will be a great ending to our wonderful walk.  Don't you think so?

Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment