Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Wrinkles ironed out.

To discern means to detect or perceive with the eye or mind.  Is it important to be able to discern between right and wrong?  Is it possible for us to be able to discern between what is good and what is bad?  What do you think?

Personally, I believe that it is a very important part of our life according to the Bible.  Let's take a look.
Solomon prayed for discernment in 1 Kings 3:9.  "Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil.  For who is able to judge this great people of yours."  And the Lord heard his prayer and answered.

  In verses 12 and 13.  "behold, I have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after you.  And I have also given you what you have not asked: both riches and honor, so that there shall not be anyone like you among the kings all your days."

There was also another gift in verse 14, but there was a condition to this, "So if you walk in My ways, to keep My statutes and My commandments as your father David walked," and the extra bonus was, "I will lengthen your days."  He never asked for riches, honor or long life but only for an understanding heart to judge God's people.  God blessed Him with all the other things, riches, honor and long life.

Solomon's father David prayed in Psalms 119:18 "Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law."

As you can see, it is important for us to be able to discern right from wrong and good from bad and the way we receive good discernment is to ask God for it.  If we are sincere like Solomon, we will receive the discernment we need to make life much less complicated and more smooth.  Who wouldn't like to have some of the wrinkles ironed out of life.  So we can pray the prayer of David, 'Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.  And God will answer.

Tomorrow I want to study a little more into this thought, so hang in there with me and we will find out more about keeping the wrinkles out of our life.  Try some ironing today and see what happens.

Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment