Sunday, July 28, 2013

Nearness to God

Is there a void in your life?  An empty hole that you can't seem to fill?  I have been there and sometimes yet I feel a void, or an emptiness that nothing fills and each time I have to turn to God for filling.  Right now, I feel empty and undone and I know that this study is going to fill up that hole.  Drawing near to God fills that void, I know because I have been there, just as empty as you are if that is your situation, and when we turn to God and draw near to Him, He does fill that void.

Psalms 16:8  "I have set the Lord alway before me;  because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."
It's our responsibility to set the Lord always before us, putting Him first in everything and because of this He makes us steadfast so that we can't be removed from Him.

Psalms 34:18  "The Lord is nigh unto them of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit."
Even when our heart is broken He is there for us and saves us when we have a repentant spirit.

Psalms 145:18  "The Lord is nigh unto them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth."  We can call upon God at anytime or anywhere, He is close to us when we call upon Him in truth.  When we are abiding in His word and we know that His word is truth then we can trust Him to be near to us.

Acts 17:27  last part.  "He is not far from each one of us."  What a consolation to know that He is as close to us as or even closer than a brother or sister or even a parent.  I always feel better when I do one of these studies, it helps me a lot when I lose heart or get a little blue, which is satan's method of getting us down, so I need to resist him and draw near to God and He will draw near to me.  James 4:8.

There is an answer to every problem in the scriptures, we just need to search for them.  We always draw near to Him when we open His word and start reading it, the blues just seem to fly away and the void gets filled to overflowing.  I so much want to overflow with God's love and knowledge.  How about you?
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment