Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Dangerous Walk.

Have you ever been on a dangerous walk?  I was overcome with anxiety one time years ago and I took my German shepherd with me and went down the dark alleys in town, she was a good protector and I really wasn't afraid but it could have been dangerous had I not had her with me.  Then one time years later but still years ago, my grown daughter and I went for a bike ride down a trail that was known as dangerous.  She wanted to do it so away we went and we were safe but still it was a little eerie.

Well, in our Christian walk there are some dangerous places too.
John 12: 35  "A little while longer the light is with you.  Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you, he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going."  Jesus was talking to His disciples but I believe He was speaking to us too.  We need to walk while we have the light of Jesus shining on our pathways, lest the darkness overtakes us.  Speaking of the darkness of this world.  That would be a dangerous walk in the darkness of this world.

Romans 4:2  "But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully."  That would be a dangerous walk too, wouldn't it?

There is someone else walking about that is dangerous.  1 Peter 5:8  "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour."  So be on the lookout for this adversary, he really is dangerous and we need to be fortified with the word of God to combat this dangerous person. It's really best if we stay in God's presence where we have safe keeping from this adversary.

Then I want to quote Psalms 23:4 to you.  "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."

Even though the walk sometimes can get dangerous when we get side tracked, we have this comforting verse that tells us, we need not fear because He is with us to protect us and comfort us.  I love Him, don't you.  He is soooooo good to us in every way and even if we stray, He still loves us and draws us back into His loving arms.  I really do want to stay there.  How about you?  So make sure you stay on the right path when you are walking and everything will be OK.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment