Monday, July 8, 2013

The Perfect Work

What in the world is the 'perfect work'?  It is something that I just found out that I am very limited in and need an abundance of.  Can anyone guess what that might be?  I am sure that I am not alone in this.  It is one of the fruits of the Spirit and of all the fruits, this is probably the one that I am in most need of.  I would love  to have this 'perfect work' done in me.  My need is so very great.  I must confess to you that I am profoundly in need of patience.

Patience means the ability to bear trials without grumbling.  Can you do that?  I am not sure that I ever have but hopefully somewhere in my life I was able to do that but right now it is hard, there are so many things looming up in my life without a solution or should I say with only one solution that I can see but God is trying to teach me to bear this trial without grumbling.  I hope I will not disappoint Him.

James 1:2,3,4  "My brethren count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."

Let patience have its 'perfect work'.  I never saw these verses in this light before, but I can see what God is trying to teach me.  I hope the testing of my faith produces lots of patience, because I need it just now.  I need this 'perfect work' done in me and I believe He will do it.  That I may be perfect and complete lacking nothing.  What a promise!!  I need to write this one down in my promise book.  By the way, I have a little note book that I write all my special promises in and then at night if I am a little down and want to be lifted up, I start reading in my little promise book.  What a boost it is!

Why don't you try keeping a little note book filled with your favorite promises?  You could start out with this one.  This is a good one to read every day or even more if you hear yourself start grumbling about a trial that you have been subjected to.

If you believe in prayer, why don't you pray for me to have an abundance of patience right now so that I may  
be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.  Even though I don't know most of you, I pray for you every day that God will bless you and save you.  I know that He is.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment