Friday, July 19, 2013

His Words are Powerful.

Do you need power in your life|?  Power over temptations, power to have your devotions each morning, power to say no when you need to, power over your tongue, power over what you watch, power over what you eat?  Oh my, we need power don't we?  At least I do.  There is a verse that has me studying to see what it means.

Ephesians 3:20  "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."  What is this power that works in us?  I am asking God to explain this to me because I want Him to do exceedingly, abundantly more than I can ask or think in my life and so I need to know what He is talking about.  What kind of power is this?

I believe the power lies in His word.
Hebrews 4:12  "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart"  This is why I believe that it is His word that is the power that is working in us.

Jeremiah 15:16  "Your words were found, and I did eat them.  And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart."  My translation would say, 'I filled my mind with your word and it brought joy and rejoicing to my heart.'

Psalms 119:130  "The entrance of Your words gives light;  It gives understanding to the simple."  The entrance of your words in my mind gives light and understanding and I am a simple one so that is specially for me.  I am talking about myself here.

Romans 10:17  "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God."  It builds up our faith by hearing the word of God and who doesn't need their faith increased?

John 1:1  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was in the beginning with God."  I believe we can say that 'In the beginning was Jesus and Jesus was with God , and Jesus was God, He was in the beginning with God.'  So according to this verse Jesus is the Word and the Word is power.  Remember the verse in Hebrews 4:12 that says, 'the Word of God is living and powerful, sharper than any two edged sword.'

Colossians 1:27  "To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

The answer to my question at the beginning was 'what is this power that Ephesians 3:20 is talking about, according to the power that works in us."  According to these verses, it is Christ the Word in us and how does it get in us?  By reading and assimilating His word and applying it to our life then we can claim the promise "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."

This has helped me understand this verse more than I ever have before and I hope it has helped you because there is power in His word.  Christ in you the hope of glory.  That is pretty powerful in itself, just thinking about it.  I am going to make some notes in the back of my Bible to this effect so that I don't forget what I have learned today.  How about you?  I hope it has helped you as much.  Continue in His presence and in His word and tomorrow I may have some more on the power of His word.  See you then.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment