Thursday, July 11, 2013

Easy and Light

Are you tired?  Are you carrying a heavy load that is too heavy for you to bear?  Do you need rest?  I think all three things fit most of us.  We are tired of carrying a load that is too heavy and we need rest.  There is an invitation to rest and I want to share it with you.  I think that many, many people are carrying a load far too heavy for them and I hope some of you are reading this, this very day and I do hope it will help.

Would you like to have an easy and light load to bear?  Would you like someone who is gentle and lowly and not condemning to help you?  Then here it is, all the help you need is at your fingertips.

Matthew 11:28-30  "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Psalms 55:22  "Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you.  He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

And then when your burden becomes easy and light, then you can help someone else.

Galatians 6:2  "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."

Can you imagine what kind of a world we would be living in if everyone followed this counsel.  It would be like heaven, wouldn't it?  But it isn't so let's follow the counsel God has given us for lifting our heavy burdens from our shoulders and then let us lift someone else's.  So 'cast your care upon Him for He cares for you.'
1 Peter 5:7.    Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment