Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How's Your Health?

There are very few of us that don't have something wrong going on in our bodies.  The rich and the poor alike all suffer the same things, so status doesn't have anything to do with it.  What does?  There is something missing in our lives that if it were there should keep us well.  I am trying to find the answer to this question in my worship time today.

In Proverbs 4:20-23  it says "My son, (daughter) give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes;  Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.  Keep the heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life

The Bible is the words of God and we are to give attention to them and not let them depart from us because they are life to those who find them and health to all their flesh.  We are to keep our heart with all diligence because that is where all the things of life spring from.

3 John 2 says "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."
So what needs to prosper in order for our health to prosper?  Our soul needs to prosper spiritually in order for our health to prosper.  I don't completely understand this text but I am going to work on it until I do. I believe that this is the secret to getting well from our ailments.

Sickness didn't come into this world until sin came and so sin is the cause of sickness and in order to get well we must do something about the cause and condition of our heart spiritually.  Do I have some sin I am clinging to and don't realize it?  Is there something in my life that I need to expel with God's help of course.  Is there something that I am clinging to that I know is sin and maybe that is why I am not prospering physically.

What do you think about this? Can you do some heart searching and see what might be hindering you from having the health that you desire?  I have been doing this and am still doing it in hopes that God will reveal to me my great need spiritually and thus be able to help me physically.  As I have said before, I am a sinner in need of His help each day.  So let's do some heart searching and see what happens, let me know if you find the answer to this big question.  I need help too.   Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment