Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Healing Balm

Balm, is an aromatic oil or ointment used medicinally.  Usually rubbed on an area of the body to bring relief to aching joints, muscles, bruises, and sometimes burns and open injuries.  It's used for lots of things for healing.  I especially like a black ointment that is put out by 'Nature's Way', it's called Dr. Christopher's black ointment.  It takes pain away from injuries very fast and helps close them up if they are open.

Another simple one that I use is 'Vicks', now you are going to say, 'whatever for', well, it is excellent for burns, even third degree, my daughter took hold of an exhaust pipe on our camper when she was young and it burned her hand so bad it curled her fingers up, I ran in and got my 'vicks' and filled her palm with it and in 30 minutes the pain was gone, it was third degree and to my knowledge there is no scar.  It's good for chapped skin like when you have a cold, it keeps your nose from getting raw from blowing, good for chapped lips. My son when he was small licked his lips a lot and they were always chapped and I bought him a small jar of 'vicks' to put in his pocket and he used it all the time to heal his lips.

Another good skin remedy is 'Coconut Oil', it softens the skin and is good on the face, you can take a kleenex and blot the excess oil if you want but I leave it on and in about an hour there is no shine left.  My skin simply absorbs it all.

Did you know that God has a healing balm?  Jesus is our healing balm. I would refer you to Psalms 103: 1-5.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, Bless His Holy Name.
     Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits,
Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,
     Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies,
     Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

So far, I see a balm for those who forget all the benefits that God gives us day by day,
     There is a balm for our iniquities and our diseases,
There is a balm to redeem our life from destruction,
     There is a balm of loving kindness and tender mercies,
There is a balm for hunger, and a balm to renew our youth like an eagle's.

Jesus is our healing balm.

Jeremiah 8:22  "Is there no balm in Gilead, Is there no physician there? Why then is there no recovery for the health of the daughter of my people?

God is asking us a question.  Is there no balm, is there no physician?  Why is there no recovery for the health of My people?

My answer to this question would be, because we are not seeking the Lord like we should be and we are not remaining in His presence.  Is there a balm for you?  Of course there is.  Is there a Great Physician for you?  Of course there is.

Isaiah 9:6  "For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given;  And the government will be upon His shoulder.  And His name will be called, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."  This is our balm for healing.  I pray that He is yours too.  We need Him so very much and cannot really exist without Him, don't you agree?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment