Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Nothing To Fear

Are you fearful?  Afraid of the dark?  Afraid of the big cities?  Afraid of people?  Afraid of circumstances?
Afraid of failure?  Afraid of disappointing others?  Afraid of being fired?  Afraid of the future?  Afraid of death?  It seems like there is so much to be afraid of and I didn't mention all of them either, you probably have your own fears, different than what I have mentioned.

Luke 12:32  "Do not fear little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."  Trust Him with your fears for He has plans to give you the kingdom.  Nothing to fear.

2 Timothy 1:7  "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."  If God has not given us the spirit of fear, who has?  It comes from God's great enemy, the devil.  God has given us power to overcome the devil.  He has given us the spirit of love instead of hate, and He has given us the spirit of a sound mind.  Don't we all need a sound mind?  I sure do. It takes a sound mind to know God's will and to do it.  It takes a sound mind to put God first in our lives.  It takes a sound mind to study to show ourselves approved unto God.

1 John 4:18  "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment.  But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."  The previous verse tells us that God has given  us the spirit of love and this verse tells us that there is no fear in love but perfect love casts out fear, and it tells us why, because fear involves torment.  'He who fears has not been made perfect in love.'

What is your greatest fear?  Mine has been people.  I don't know why, maybe it stems from childhood, I am not sure.  After this study, I can see where fear comes from, do you?  I can see that if I had loved people like I should, then I wouldn't have had a fear of them.  How about you?  This has been most enlightening to me.

I want to leave you with the text again from 2 Timothy 1:7  "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."  Think about those three things.  These are our greatest needs to walk with God safely and He has offered them to us freely.  Will you accept His gifts of power, love and a sound mind?  Anyone would want these, don't you think?  I sure do and I will remember this study when my fear creeps up on me again.  How about you?  I am going to ask God to give me these three gifts and I know that He will and my fear of people will dissipate. You can do that too.   Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment