Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Prayer for Healing

Have you every prayed for healing?  Oh, yes, I have prayed that prayer so many, many times I can't count them.  And I have been healed several times of severe problems.  I think I told you about the time I injured my back and I call it a 'blown vertebrae' because it was swollen and about two and a half inches across and red.  I couldn't walk, only with crutches and swinging my feet and then only with someone beside me in case I lost my balance.  I laid there for eleven days and then I read these verses in Psalms 6.  This described me to a Tee.  Put yourself in my place and feel my frustration.

"O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger, nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure, Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak; O Lord heal me, for my bones are troubled, my soul also is greatly troubled, but You O Lord--how long?"  (How long am I going to lay here and not be able to use my legs?  I had no idea.)

"Return, O Lord, deliver me! O save me for Your mercies sake! For in death there is no remembrance of You; In the grave who will give You thanks?  (I must have been thinking about it being the end of my active life, for I was a very active person.)

"I am weary with my groaning;  All night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears, My eyes waste away because of grief; it grows old because of all my enemies."  (my enemies being Satan and his evil angels.)

"Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;  For the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.  The Lord has herd my supplication;  The Lord will receive my prayer.  Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly."

I thought about this and contemplated it with all my being.  I knew God heard my plea and it says He will receive my prayer, so why not trust Him with my healing.  I submitted my condition to Him who loves me with all the love possible, and told Him that I was willing to be like this the rest of my life if that was His will.
Suddenly the pain was gone and I sat up and then I stood up and I have to tell you I was in shock but I shouldn't have been should I?  God's word is faithful.  When my husband came in I asked him to look at my back and the swelling and redness were all gone and I was healed.  I was so happy, wouldn't you have been?  I gave my testimony at church the following Sabbath.

If you need healing and you feel discouraged.  Read Psalms 6, that was my healing balm for that particular time and I still praise the Lord for that, I was around 47 years old at the time.  It's been a few years ago, like thirty some.  I'm still walking.  I love that Psalms, memorize it if you have to.  It is a wonderful Psalm to keep in your thoughts if you are down and out.  It covers about everything.  God loves us so much and wants us to read His word and use it for our healing medicine, regardless of what the condition of our lives may be at the moment.  Psalms 6 is a wonderful prayer for healing.  Try it, you may be blessed as I was.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment