Monday, February 10, 2014

You Are Invited

I have had to say no a few times to an invitation to some kind of social event, but not very many.  I always know that a friend has invited me and feel honored that I was chosen to send an invitation to.  Or invited to an event verbally.  When I know something is going on that I am not invited to, I wonder why?  Sometimes I know why and it doesn't bother me, there is usually a good reason.  It has never interfered with relationships.

We have a standing invitation, did you know that?  In fact there are several standing invitations in the Bible that I just discovered this morning.  Let's see what they are.  The first invitation that I found says in Isaiah 1:18  "Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord, Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."  This invitation is an invitation to come to Me and study my word and let us reason it out and no matter what your sins have been, I will forgive you and they shall be a white as snow and as wool.  What a great invitation, and He truly does want us to come and reason together and He will explain things to us through the Holy Spirit impressing our minds of truths from God's word.

Isaiah 55:3  "Incline your ear, and come to Me, hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, The sure mercies of David."  God is saying, 'listen and come to Me and hear and your soul shall live.  This shows the importance of this invitation, 'your soul shall live'.  His promise is that when He comes we shall go home with Him and live forever.  What a great promise!

Matthew 11:28  "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  His invitation to 'come' is to ALL who are weary and carrying heavy burdens and to pick up His yoke, which to be yoked to Christ is really letting Him carry your burdens and again He is inviting you to come and study about Him, because He is gentle and humble in heart and we will find rest to our souls.

All of these invitations really relate to coming and learning of Him.  Is that a hard invitation to accept?  He repeats it several times to reason together to listen to Him and be yoked up with Him and learn of Him.  Can you spend an hour a day with Him, I guarantee that if you do, it will turn into the best hour of your day and it will also turn into more than an hour as you get acquainted with Him who loves you so much.  You cannot spurn His invitation without hurting Him immensely.

If you spurned a close friends invitation or a family members invitation, you would hurt them immensely and it is the same with Jesus.  These invitations are His words to us so please accept them and try Him out, He will not disappoint you, I know for sure, He has not disappointed me, He has borne long with me and been so patient with me all these years, teaching me and guiding me as I am learning about Him.  I surely accept His invitation this morning as He has pled with me to Come and learn, will you accept His invitation too.  I pray that you do.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment