First off, let's establish that Jesus was a teacher. Let's read John 3:2 Remember the story of Nicodemus who came to Jesus by night to interview Him and find out who He was? This was Nicodemus talking, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these things that You do unless God is with him." Nicodemus recognized that Jesus was a teacher from God. We should recognize it too, from all the things the Bible reveals about him. So let's check out some of Jesus teachings.
1 Peter 2:21 "For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps." He left us His example that we should follow His steps. I have numbered the teachings that I have found but they are not in any order.
(1) 1 John 2:5 "But whoever keeps His word truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him."
(2) 1 John 2:10 "He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him."
(3) 1 John 2:17 "And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever."
(4) 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
(5) 1 John 2:1-3 "My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments."
(6) 1 John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."
(7) 1 Peter 5:6-9 "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world."
(8) 1 Peter 3:10-15 "For He who would love life and see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking deceit. Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it, For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness sake, you are blessed. And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled."
I don't want to weary you, but I do have an assignment for you. You can study and find all kinds of teachings of Jesus. I have only just begun to share some of them with you. May you be blessed as you seek to do His will and follow in His paths. Grandma Joan