Saturday, February 22, 2014

Another Tool for Good Health

  Sometimes before we get well, we  seem to get worse for a time, it's called a healing crisis.  Have you every been through one?  It's pretty severe at times.  I went through a real one some years back when we were pretty sure that I had colon cancer.  I went on a real drastic cleansing diet and regime.  It lasted for weeks, doing all the right things to bring healing.  Then one night in the middle of the night I woke up in chills, I could not get enough covers on me, it was awful, I was beginning to think that I was dying right then, but if finally fell back to sleep when the shaking stopped.  I awoke in the morning well.  I will never forget it, we had a house full of family from out of town, and they were all really concerned about my health and when I walked out feeling great, there was rejoicing in my husbands heart and mine, and everyone else.  We knew the treatments I had endured had paid off.  It was a wonderful time.  A a great proof that God's plan does work.

In our Christian walk sometimes before we get well physically, we need to get well spiritually and there are times when we will have a crisis in our life to test our spiritual growth.  Yes, God wants to know if we really mean business with Him.  He doesn't leave us, He is there beside us all the way through it, encouraging, and holding us up all the time.

Romans 1:16  "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek."  The Gospel is Good News about Christ being sent here as a baby and growing up in His Father's will and submitting to the death of the cross to save us and then to be raised again to sit at His Father's side in heaven interceding for us day by day, hour by hour in our behalf to plead for our lives as He sends His Holy Spirit to guide and help us through the trials of this life, until He comes again to receive us to Himself in glory.  That is the gospel in simple language, and Paul said he was not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation.  Are we ashamed of the gospel of Christ?  It is powerful to save us.

Philippians 1:27  "Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel."

I believe that my faith in Jesus and His gospel is a healing power in our lives because Paul says it is the power of God unto salvation.  If we are not totally healed now in our walk with God, we know that when He comes we will be like Him because the Bible says we shall see Him as He is and if we are like Him we will be well, because He is well.  Not all healing takes place now and in this time but it will take place if we stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel.  We know for sure that we can be healed spiritually and spiritual healing many times brings physical healing so let's build ourselves up in the faith and stand fast in the gospel of Christ so that we will experience spiritual healing and physical healing, as He sees our need for both.  May God bless you as you strive to be like Him and experience His love for you as you walk with Him day by day.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment