Friday, February 7, 2014

Just Ask

Are you afraid to ask for a favor?  Are you afraid you will be denied? Are you afraid they won't want to help?  Are you afraid that you are asking for too much?  All these things may happen when we are asking from another human being such as ourselves, but when we are asking God for favors, it is a different story.

James 4:2 Last part, "You do not have because you do not ask."  Don't be afraid to ask!!!!!

James 4:3  "You ask and do not receive because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures."  I think we know better than to ask for things that will be just consumed on our pleasures, but just in case we think that God is a God of indulgence, let us not forget what our goal is in living in this world and what God's goal is for us and the pleasures will be forevermore.  And of course He wants us to have pleasures forevermore but not of this world.  Now for some promises.

Matthew 21:22  "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."  We must believe.

Luke 11:9-13 (Jesus words)  "So I say to you, ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you  will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?  Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"  This promise is referring to the gift of the Holy Spirit, which we cannot live without and serve God effectively.  We must ask for the Holy Spirit, seek for Him through His word and then we will show God our  sincerity and the promise is sure that we will find Him.

John 14:13-16 ( these are Jesus words too.) "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.  (then there is a condition)  If you love Me, keep My commandments.  And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever."  That other Helper is the Holy Spirit and He will abide with us forever.
Whatever we ask for, must glorify God through the Son by whom we go through to ask the Father.  If we really love Him we WILL keep His commandments.  That is part of receiving from Him.

John 16:23,24  "And in that day you will ask me nothing.  Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.  Until now you have asked nothing in My name.  Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."  Can you imagine how much joy you would have if you could ask anything of God and it would be done for you.  Check out this next verse for verification.

Ephesians 3:20  "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think , according to the power that works in us."  Is God able?  Yes, to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or can even think.  What is the condition?  According to the power that works in us.  What is that power?  The Holy Spirit's power.  How do we receive that power, ASK for it.  God will do exceeding, abundantly more than we can ask or think.  That is a lot, because I can think of a lot of things that I would like God to do for me, can you?  Then let's ask for His Spirit to dwell in us, let us ask for anything that would glorify God in any way.  Let us ask in prayer believing that He will answer our prayers and our joy will be full.  Join me will you in asking. Grandma Joan

1 comment:

  1. I asked for the Holly Spirit to be poured out on me and some thing came to me and said that I have a critical spirit. and I thought about that, and you know I do, thinking about it thinking back on things, it hasn't been good. and Mom called me to day and told me of something she had watched on 3abn and it is exactly what I needed to hear. that I need to ask people to for give me of my mouth and ask God to take that critical spirit away from me and ask God to for give me. and then ask God what ells I need to get rid of. because I want the Holly Spirit to be poored out on me so I can bless others. I have a group and we are starting to sing in other churches and I want to be filled with the Holly Spirit and to have that we need to get rid of self and bad things in our lives. I want others to be blessed with what I say, and I want the Holly Spirit to be the one I hear to tell me what to say so I am a blessing to others. and others will be blessed. that's the hole purpose of sharing

    ReplyDelete