Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Do I Have Faith?

I have often wondered if I have enough faith to save me and share with others to save them?  I know there is a, should I say secret, it's not a secret but to me it is a secret, because I have to search for the answer and when I find it I realize it is very plain and not a secret at all.  Anyone can know if they have faith.  It doesn't take much faith to receive from God but it seems like it does.  I plan to search for the answer to this mind boggling question which I am sure others are wondering too.  Stay with me while we study 'faith'.  You will be blessed.

Ephesians 2:8  "For by grace you have been saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God."  This is the best part, it is a gift from God.  We cannot conjure up faith, it is a gift. Faith comes from the heart as we will see in the next verse.

Romans 10:8 "But what does it say?  'The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart (that is the word of faith which we preach.)  So we must talk faith and in our heart believe.  Remember faith is a gift and Jesus is not partial in His gifts.

Romans 12:3  (last part) "....God as dealt to each one a measure of faith."  So we have faith given to us to get us started on our journey of faith.

Hebrews 11:1  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  Faith is something that we hope for but cannot see.  If we could see it, it wouldn't take faith.  When you are driving your car and come to a huge bridge, you have faith that it will hold you and all the other cars up, but you cannot always see what is holding up the bridge, yet you drive across it hoping to get to the other side.  This analogy always helps me in my faith walk.  I hope it helps you.

John 20:30,31  "And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book, but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name."  By believing in Jesus we may have life in His name which will lead to eternal life.

Romans 10:17  "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."  So I believe that when we have need of faith, we need to get into His word and our faith will increase as our time with Him increases.

Matthew 21:22  "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."  We must pray by faith and of course in God's will.  It is a good thing to pray, 'Thy will be done".

Luke 17:5  "And the apostles said to the Lord, 'Increase our faith."  We can pray the same prayer, 'please increase my faith in You.'

I certainly need an increase of faith, how about you?  That is going to be part of my prayer from now on,
'Lord, increase my faith in You.'  My need is so great but His blessings are greater than my need and He has all riches in heaven to supply our need.  Will you accept His measure of faith today that He is offering you as a free gift.  I will and will pray for an increase of faith and let's not forget to thank Him in advance for answering our prayers.  This shows that we believe He will answer.  Not always as we want but He does answer.  Sometimes the answer is 'no' because it is not good for us, that is why we must say 'Thy will be done.'  Stay in His word and your faith will increase as you study His word.  My pray for you today is that you will increase in faith in God and abide in Him throughout the day.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment