Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Greatest Need

What is your greatest need?  What do you think it is?  Think about it, we have lots of needs,  we need food, without food we would starve to death, so it is a great need for sure.  We need clothing, in some areas without clothing we would freeze to death and to be decent we must keep clothed, so clothing is pretty much necessary.  We need water, a very necessary item.  Without water to drink, we would dehydrate and eventually die, and we need it for cleanliness of our bodies our food, dishes, homes, very necessary.  We need shelter from bad weather, from the heat of the sun in some places, so we need shelter although we could get along without it but it would be so difficult.

I feel the need of something far greater than any of these and without it, I will perish.  Can you think of what it might be?

Ezekiel 36:26,27  "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you, I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.  I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them."

When we come to God, sinful as our lives may be, He has promised to give us a new heart and put His Spirit within us and cause us to walk in His ways.  Can we serve Him without His Spirit within us?  I know that we cannot.  I have tried it.  It is a futile thing to try to do. We MUST have God's Spirit within us to be able to serve Him wholeheartedly.  We have His promise that He WILL put His Spirit within us and cause us to walk in His statutes.  His promises are sure, do you believe them?  He is so willing to do this for us, we just need to be willing to ask for His Spirit to dwell in us.  Is that a hard thing to do?  For some it might be because they are afraid of what might happen to them.  If we have allowed Him to cast out our fear with His perfect love, then we will be willing to be filled with His Spirit and receive His gifts that He offers us.

Galatians 5:22,23  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such there is no law."  We can have all these fruits within us if we just allow God to pour out His Spirit in us.  Is there any of these fruits that you wouldn't want?  I want them all and need them all, it is my Greatest Need.  I don't want one of them to be missing in my life, do you?  We must ask for His Spirit to fill us and then we will receive these fruits as a blessing from God and then we should be willing to share what God has done for us, don't you think?  I pray that He will fill you to over-flowing and that you will find the peace of God that you have never had before.  I pray for you every day without fail.  You can pray for me too.  I need the prayers of all who are willing to pray for me.  We are all growing in Christ and need each others prayers.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment