Monday, February 24, 2014

It's God!

When you look at the beautiful flowers, do you think 'it's God' who causes the flowers to bloom for our pure enjoyment, nothing more?  When you see the beautiful blue sky, do your think, 'it's God' who makes the sky blue and allows the sun to shine so beautifully? When you see a beautiful tree laden with it's bountiful fruit, do you think, 'it's God' who gives us the wonderful fruit we have to eat? When you see a beautiful garden of vegetables, do you think, 'it's God' who causes the plants to grow and mature for our eating enjoyment?   When you see a beautiful dress or a suit, do you think, 'it's God' who made the material and the dyes that things were created from?  When you see the vast ocean and seas, do you think, 'it's God' who made these vast waters and who controls the tides and keeps them in their bounds, day and night?  You can say the same thing about your home, your car, the bed you sleep in, the heat that keeps you warm on cold days and nights.  Everything is God's doing and not only His doing but His delight.

David found out the same thing only on a different level, we must remember when David lived on this earth, he really was a 'man of war'. In those days, they were commanded by God to overthrow the wicked nations around them and take possession of their land.  I found these verses in Psalms 18:31-36.

"For who is God, except the Lord?  And who is a rock, except our God?  It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way  perfect.  He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places, He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.  You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;  You right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great.  You enlarged my path under me, so my feet did not slip."

Verse 46 says, "The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock!  Let the God of my salvation be exalted."

Do I exalt God for all the things that He has done, and is doing in my behalf and yours?  Do you exalt Him as you should, I don't think I do and I pray that I will be more willing to exalt His name above all names and praise Him for all the wonderful things that He does for me.  'It's God", let us praise His wonderful name.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment