Friday, February 14, 2014

Sometimes I'm not sure.

I am not speaking of doubt today, I don't think I am anyway and I hope not.  The last thing I want to do is doubt God's mercy and saving grace.  Sometimes I wonder if I am in His will or not.  Now that I wrote that I think that a little doubt may have crept in.  I sure don't want it to, so maybe this study will take care of that.  I always want to be in His will.  That's what will save us, at least that is what I am learning day by day.  How about you?  Am I living in His will day by day and hour by hour?  Do you ever wonder that, or do you even think about it?  I know some people are concerned and some people are indifferent. I don't know what your experience is but I pray that it is one of advancing in your Christian walk.

We can know God's will for our life by studying His word and that's what I am doing day by day and by sharing with you too.  I think we all need to know that, don't you?  I think we all know it is God's will that we be saved in His kingdom, not when we die, indeed, that is important too, but day by day we need to know that we  ARE BEING SAVED.  He is the Good Shepherd, in Psalms 23, it says that 'His rod and staff comforts us, a shepherd's rod is for disciplining his sheep by guiding them back in line with the others, keeping us in the right path and the shepherds staff is to bring his sheep back to the fold when found, the crook in his staff helps him rescue them if fallen into a pit or over a bank.

The Shepherd's work is to protect his sheep, and rescue them if they have wandered away and are lost.  His job is to fight off the enemy that comes in to destroy his precious sheep.  He also knows them all by name.
Does the Good Shepherd know your name?  Yes, He does.  He is always searching for that one lost sheep, and trying to rescue them from the perils of this world that keep us away from Him.  Does He discipline us? Yes, He does, but not by harsh discipline like we so often give those we love, but is gentle, merciful, and full of love.

Are you lost?  Have you wandered away from His side?  You may feel the crook in His staff gently pulling you up out of the pit you are in, I have felt it many times.  He is pulling us up beside Him so we will be protected from the enemy of souls.  So am I sure that He is saving me?  I am sure as long as I feel Him working in my life to save me.  I can choose to turn away, and not want His presence or His help, but as long as I don't turn away, He will continue working in my life to save me day by day until I am ready to be granted entry into His kingdom at His coming.  I love Him, don't you, He is so patient with me, so gracious, merciful and full of love, always gently prodding me on to His kingdom day by day and hour by hour.  So don't be discouraged or unsure of your standing with Him, just choose to serve Him and He will shine light on your pathway to make sure you make it.  If you fail Him, repent of your failings and seek forgiveness and it He is will to forgive all our sins.  1 John 1:9  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  Our duty is to confess, and His duty is to forgive.  Is that too hard to do?  Not for me.  How about you?  I hope not.  God bless your walk with Him.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment