Saturday, February 1, 2014

Think About This"

I want to dwell a little bit about the problem with our minds.  Will you join me? I know that I need it and I think perhaps everyone reading this could use the help that this little study will give.

The mind is a wonderful thing when you really think about.  In fact you can't even think about it without the mind.  Who can understand it, I can't.  It is made so intricately that it has many, many functions of which we probably don't even use.  It is like the computer, only millions of times better, but maybe that is the best example of the mind we have at the present time.

We can think about any subject that comes to the mind, we can mull it over and make something of it or we can discard the thought entirely. We can let our emotions run rampant until we are in tears and totally exhausted from the deep turmoil that is going on. Or we can change our thought patterns to how God feels about us.  We can think on things that we can do to improve things and follow through with our thoughts or we can think about disgusting things until we get down in the dumps.  So much emotional things can go on in the mind.  I want to share with you what God has shown me about my mind.

Philippians 4:8  Paul says; "Finally Brethren, whatever things are true, (opposite of false), whatever things are noble, (noble is high and lifted up), whatever things are just (impartial) Whatever things are pure, (not contaminated)  Whatever things are lovely, (Beautiful), Whatever things are of good report, ( not listening to bad reports), If there is any virtue, (goodness), and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things."

I guess that tells it all doesn't it?  I know my studies are probably too deep for some of you, but when you think about the times we are living in and what our future holds, we need to study deep and sincere.  This is what I needed this morning and I hope it has helped you as well.  My greatest desire is to be ready when Jesus comes whether I am here or in the grave, I want to be ready, don't you?  I pray that you do.  I pray for my viewers every day and hope that someone is drawing closer to Jesus as we study to show ourselves approved by His word.

Please take my studies to heart and let God do His work in your life, He will do it if you let Him and really want Him to.  I pray that you do.  God bless each of you as you draw closer and closer to Him.

Philippians 2:5  "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus."

Grandma Joan



No comments:

Post a Comment