Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Knowledge of God - In Nature

How many of you love nature, I guess my favorite part of nature would be flowers, I love flowers, I can't seem to get enough of them, when ever I have a birthday or mother's day, my daughter gives me a big bouquet of flowers because she knows how much I love them.

I love a beautiful yard and have had lot's of them but not any more, it takes lot's of work to keep up a pretty yard and I am not able to do a big yard any more.  I love the ocean, sometimes I can hear the waves if it's stormy on the bay, but we don't get big waves because of the islands out there but we do have a view of the water and I love that.  There is another thing I love about nature and that is pretty rocks and stones, I have a rock polisher somewhere but can't find it but polished rocks are beautiful and I love rock shows.

Trees and grass are beautiful, cloud formations are beautiful, above all I love the sunshine, we don't seem to get enough of that here.  Even though this world is stained with sin, God has lot's of reminders for us of the Eden garden that He created long ago.

Some people believe that God is nature, but He is the Creator of nature and wants to remind us of what the New Heavens and New Earth will be like when He comes again to take us Home with Him.  The beauty will be surpassing anything we have ever seen or heard of.

1 Corinthians 2:9  "But as it is written, 'eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."  Don't you want to go home with Him and see all the things He has prepared for those who love Him.  It isn't hard to love a God like that,  He loves us so very much and to know Him is to love Him.  We need to read His Word every day because it is the same as His voice would be if we could hear Him speak to us.

All of these beautiful things He has given for us to enjoy, they tell of His tender Fatherly care for us each and every day of our lives.  Just look around you, you will see something of that beauty and care.

Psalms 95:6  "Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker."
Psalms 95:4,5  "In His hand are the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills are His also.  The sea is His, for He made it, and His hands formed the dry land."

Jeremiah 10:10,11,16,12 "Seek Him that maketh the Pleiades and Orion, And turneth the shadow of death in the morning, And maketh the day dark with night;  He that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, And declareth unto man what is his thought;  He that buildeth His spheres in the heaven,  And hath founded his arch in the earth;  He that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth, Jehovah is His name."

It would be well for us to study the things of nature, even the intricate, delicate formation of the flowers that bloom in our yards and out in nature.  So many wild flowers He has given us to enjoy.  Another thing He has given us is the fruit of the trees and vines and bushes, this is berry country here and there are so many blue berry farms, raspberry farms and strawberry farms and others.  There are apple orchards and then there are potato farms and even lavender farms.  I am overwhelmed with all of nature just around me here in the North West.  What do you have in your area of this world?  Think about it and ponder the goodness of God in providing all of this for His children.  I love Him, don't you?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment