Saturday, December 21, 2013

David's Prayer My Prayer - end.

How are you doing?  As I said before, I love this prayer of David's.  I so hope that you do too.  There are a couple of other prayers, one of David's and one of Jabez.  Both are wonderful and sometimes I include them too.  I will give you where they are found at the end of this post.

Verse 14  "Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness."  David was a man of war, but beloved of God because he was gaining the land of Canaan for Israel under God's direction, but perhaps he felt he needed fogiveness or maybe it was because he had Bathsheba's husband killed in battle.  Anyway, because of his sincere repentance he was forgiven and was ready to sing God's praises.  Are you ready to sing praises?

Verses 15,16,17  "O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Your praise.  For you do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering.  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart--Oh God, You will not despise."

Have you had a broken and contrite heart before God?  I have and He knows how we feel when we really come before Him in deep repentance.  He is waiting and willing to forgive us, we just need to trust Him, I hope your trust in Him is increasing day by day as you read my blogs.  I pray over them and for you each day and thank God for your participation in my worships each morning.

The other two prayers I was mentioning is Psalms 14:13,14 and 1 Chronicles 4:10.  This will give you something to look up and ponder on your own.  Thank you for going with me through this prayer of David's, I try to read it every day and I think I will have it memorized one of these days.  How about you?  Don't give up, God is on our side.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment