Sunday, December 29, 2013

Encouragement for the New Year

Encouragement is such a wonderful thing,  when someone encourages me on my upward way, I feel so much like continuing.  Sometimes troubles come to discourage us, and we just need a helping hand of encouragement to keep going.  Has that how it's been with you?  I know it has been with me.  I know from experience how much it helps to feel encouraged in your walk with Christ each day.  It's wonderful.

So today, I would just like to encourage you for the New Year.  Have you decided what you might resolve to do this coming year that would improve your life?  Think of something that you want to gain the victory over, or somehow improve you living conditions, or how you can be filled with the love of Jesus more and share that love with someone less fortunate.  Maybe you are a clutter bug and need to learn a neater way to live.  Maybe you are a procrastinator and need to deal with that.  Maybe you don't like certain duties that you need to perform every day and you need to deal with that, whether its doing dishes, cooking, or just cleaning up after yourself.  You know that God is supreme and He can deal with all these issues and wants to help you deal with yours.

He has been such a blessing to me this past year, I really didn't know if I would survive the year, but it looks like I am going to.  That is a real blessing, and my pain has improved this year, I have had my son with me most of the year and he has helped me a whole lot, and that has been a real blessing.  We had a beautiful summer this past summer and that was a real blessing.  My blood pressure has come down to normal and that is a blessing.  I could go on and on and count the blessings.  It is a lot of encouragement when we can count the blessings of the past year that God has bestowed upon us.  I am sure we could fill pages if we were to write them down.

My experience with God has been more than I could have imagined, my relationship, my prayer life, my thoughts, everything has improved to the point of praising Him for these blessings.  I am totally encouraged when I think of the way He has lead me this past year and the blessings He has given me.

If you want encouraged, count your many blessings and name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done.  The name of that Hymn is 'Count Your Blessings'.  It really does encourage us on our journey through life.

If you haven't made any resolves for the New Year, please do at least one, and more if you are up to the challenge, and keeping those resolves, is a real encouragement too.  I just want you to have a wonderful New Year all through the year.  I pray for each of my readers every day and may God bless you as you  travel life's pathway.  Grandma Joan.

PS.  Don't forget to encourage others as you travel on to know the Lord more fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment