Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Working Conscience.

Tonight is New Years Eve.  Have you made any resolves for the New Year, I hope so.  Even if it is a little one, it will give you courage for bigger ones.  I haven't made mine yet but I will before the year is over, which is only a few hours away, so guess I had better get busy.  Actually, I am going to resolve to have a better prayer life, I want to have such a close connection with God that I can hear Him speak to me, even if it is only a whisper.  I want my conscience working so good that it will let me know I am on the verge of makiing a mistake, before I make it.  Wouldn't that be a lot easier than having to make things right after you have made a big blunder.  I think it would be wonderful, so that is my resolves for the New Year.  Now don't hesitate in making some kind of resolve, it is really beneficial for our character and helps us have a working conscience.

Is your conscience working, do you know how to tell?  The way to tell is if your heart is being nagged at about something, or if all of a sudden you don't feel good about something and if you don't know why you are being nagged at by your conscience, then ask God what is troubling you.  Because if all of a sudden you feel down and you don't know why, there is a reason and He will come through and tell you, by impressing on your mind what is wrong.

I just had that happen to me this week, I indulged in a conversation that I shouldn't have and all of a sudden I couldn't even study for my blog and I felt completely done in and didn't know why.  God was very kind to me and as you can see, He is speaking to me again.  I missed Him terribly.  He impressed my heart what should be done and I did it and I am free again.  What a great feeling!!!!

Has that happened to you?  Please don't ignore it, it is God trying to help you be the person you ought to be. I know from experience and am just trying to help you through these troubling times. It is so important that our conscience is working so that we can have freedom in Christ to do His bidding and not live in a dark place without Him.

1 John 3:21,22  "Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God.  And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight."

It is not pleasing to us or to God to have our heart condemn us.  It puts us in a dark place and it feels terrible to be there, it is called depression or despondency.  I know we have all suffered from it unless you are a rare individual, but I have and I don't like it at all!!!!!!!!

It is such a wonderful feeling to be right with God again, I can't explain it, but it brings peace and joy and a feeling of contentment.  I really can't live without it, without trying to solve the problem and the only way I can solve the problem is to ask God to please tell me whats wrong.  Unless of course, I know what I have done and make it right immediately and then it's OK again.  It depends on how good our conscience is working.  I hope mine is not seared, it doesn't seem to be and I hope yours isn't either.  If it is, pray for guidance to correct it and get it back working again.

According to 1 John 3:22 if we want our prayers answered, we must have a working conscience and follow it's leading.  I pray that yours is working really good.

May God help you have the peace, joy and contentment of a working conscience and do listen to it when it tells you something.  I surely am.  I pray that you are too, and have the very best New Year yet, by abiding in the presence of God and letting Him lead in your life.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment