Friday, December 20, 2013

David's Prayer, My Prayer - part 3

Do you feel clean today after praying David's prayer?  I always feel clean after praying his prayer for my prayer.  It covers my life almost totally.

Verse 8,9  "Make me to hear joy and gladness, that the bones You have broken may rejoice.  Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities."  David wants to have joy and gladness again, and I want it too, don't you?  He wants to make sure that God doesn't see his sins anymore and make sure that they are all blotted out.  I don't blame him for that, it is not good to stand before God condemned.  It always feels so good when things are right again and we are forgiven, whether its God's forgiveness or someone that we have hurt, it just feels so great to be forgiven.

Verse 10  "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."  I want a clean heart and a new spirit put within in as I am sure that you do.  Trust God to do what you ask of Him.

Verse 11,12  "Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit."  David is covering all the bases that might have happened to him, it doesn't sound like he is leaving anything undone and that's the way our prayers should be, that's why I like to pray his prayer, eventually I will be able to cover all the bases on my own, but right now I love to copy his prayer and then add some extra bases.

Verse 13  "Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners shall be converted to You."  I want to help others on their way to the kingdom, just like David did, but he realized one thing and that was he needed forgiven before he could help others.  It is the same with us, when we have been forgiven of our past sins, we want others to have the same experience as we have had and so we share.  Share what you have learned, share that you have been forgiven, share the peace and love of God that has filled your heart.  Just keep sharing and we are told that when we share, more will be given.  Luke 6:38.

We are also told  in Luke 7:47  "Therefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little".  So the more we are forgiven, the more we will love others and want to help them have the same experience.  Please join me in finding forgiveness like David did, so that we may love others much like Jesus does.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment