Thursday, December 19, 2013

David's Prayer, My Prayer - part 2

Did you try praying David's prayer?  How did it fit your circumstances?  It surely fits mine almost to a T.  I love it and I think you will too, as you progress in it.

Psalms 51: 5  "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me."  I know there a lot of children today that were brought into this world before wedlock, but you know and I know that David was a man after God's own heart when he confessed his sin with Bathsheba and I don't know if he was brought into this world in that way but if you were, God loves you and you can be a man or woman after God's own heart too.  Just like David, he found forgiveness through repentance and you can do the same even if you have sinned, remember He says He is full of tender mercies, and He is.

Verse 6  "Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom."  See how well He knew David, and how much He had been forgiven.

Verse 7  "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:  Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."  I have heard that the herb 'hyssop' is very cleansing when taken as a tea.  Perhaps this is why he requested God to purge him with it and then he wanted washed whiter than snow.

Don't you want to be washed whiter than snow?  I do.  It has to be a wonderful feeling to know that you have been washed whiter than snow and clean on the inside and outside too.  I believe we can have that peaceful and clean feeling if we just believe what He has promised us through His word.  Please join me in believing this prayer is answered and having a life full of peace.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment