Monday, December 9, 2013

The Benefits

When God tells us to do something, there are always rewards for obedience to His commands and following are some of things that we will benefit from, when we have an infilling of the Holy Spirit.

Holy Spirit bestowed in answer to prayer:  Luke 11:13  "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts  unto your children; how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy spirit to them that ask Him."

Waiting on God for the outpouring of His Spirit:  Luke 24:49  "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you; but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high."

Holy Spirit empowers for service:  Acts 1:8  "But ye shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit is come upon you; and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judae, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth."

Holy Spirit guides us into all truth:  John 16:13  "Howbeit, when He the Spirit of truth is come, He will guide you into all truth, for he shall not speak of Himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall He speak; and He will show you things to come."

Cleansing precedes the filling of the Spirit:  Acts 2:38  "Then Peter said unto them, repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Convicts the world of sin:  John 16:7,8  "Nevertheless I tell you the truth;  It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you. And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness and of judgment.;"

Obedience a mark of Sonship:  "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

A Warning:  Genesis 6:3  "And the Lord said, 'My Spirit shall not always strive with man...."

Our Prayer should be:  Psalms 51:11  "Cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me."

There is a hymn that I love, but I am going to tell you the chorus and hopefully this will be your prayer.

I need Thee, O, I need thee, Every hour I need thee; O bless me now my Savior, I come to Thee.

Will this be your prayer?  It is mine.  I have such a great need for His presence, I hope that you feel your great need too, is my prayer for you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment