Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Hints For A Deeper Prayer Life

Everyone needs hints on how to make things better, whether it is our spiritual life or physical life.  I was thinking about this just now and was thinking what could I do to make my prayer life better, deeper and more satisfying?

The first thing that came to my mind was Matthew 6:6  But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

The next thought that came to me from my own experience, I don't know about you when you pray silently, my mind tends to wander off on to other subjects, so I decided to pray out loud, it doesn't have to be loud, just a whispered prayer though spoken audibly, will keep your mind on your prayer.

Pray with your eyes closed, because if you start looking around, things you see cause your mind to wander again even if you are speaking audibly.

If you can, the best posture is on our knees, but at my age and in my condition, I find a comfortable spot and bow my head in prayer in a sitting position, because it hurts to get up and down.

Come reverently before the Lord and with a repenting spirit, realizing you are coming before the King of the Universe a Holy God, and He wants to hear every whispered word that you speak and He wants to give us the desires of our heart.

Make sure you come before Him with Praise and Thanksgiving and then make your requests to Him.  He loves to know that we appreciate what He has done for us and is doing for us and so be sure to praise Him.

Give Him the first hour of your day or half hour, but be sure not to be hurried,  He is too important for us to hurry past Him with just a few words and a few minutes.  He wants to know that we love Him and want to spend time with Him.

Have a wonderful prayer life.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment