Friday, December 27, 2013

More Gifts that Jesus brought to us

I have found through my relationship with God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit that the more time I spend with Him the more I want to be with Him and the more victories I have in my life.  Has it been that way with you?
Sometimes I don't even realize what He has done for  me, and then all of a sudden a certain thing in my life is gone and I am free from it. What a great freedom that is, I can't tell you how it came about, and I can't tell you when it happened, it just did and then I know it was because I have been spending time with Him each morning and throughout the day and the gifts that I shared with you yesterday become a reality in my life. I cannot tell you what a great blessing it has been since I have been spending time each morning in His presence.  Oh, I was spending time before and I am not sure the exact reason things are different but I think I know some of them.  For one, I am more devout in my prayer life and see answers to my prayers quite often.  Some of them are outstanding and I can't quit praising Him and thanking Him for hearing and answering the prayers of 'such a one as I'.  Also, the Bible is coming alive to me and has so much more meaning now when I read it and I can apply it to my own circumstances.  Have you experienced these things in your life.  I hope so, that is the reason for me doing this blog each day, it is to bring you up to higher ground with Christ, we dwell to near the lowlands of this earth and need to raise our vision to higher things.

So today we are going to start out in Ezekiel 11: 19 A very special gift that God has promised to us if we will spend time with Him each day.

Ezekiel 11:19  "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh."  Wow! What a gift, I believe that has been one of the gifts that has made such a difference in my life.  Actually, this verse promises two gifts, one is a new spirit the other gift is a heart of flesh, instead of a stony heart with no feeling, we will be given a heart of flesh with lots of feelings for others, more love, more compassion, more thoughtfulness, and I could go on, but you can finish the list.  It is a wonderful thing that God does for those who love Him.

Philippians 4:7  "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  The gift of peace and I can tell you that this gift is a wonderful thing.  It takes away all worries and concerns that bother us from day to day.  I must confess that I have been a worrier and things bother me, all kinds of things, but when God puts His gift of peace in your heart, it actually does surpass all understanding, you have a peace that even you cannot understand how it came about but it did.

Hebrews 4:1 & 9  "Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.  There remains therefore a rest for the people of God."  God has promised us a rest that we need to enter into.  It is a peaceful rest that is beyond our ideal of rest.  Rest in Him as our loving Creator, resting in Him as our Guide and Counselor, rest in Him as our sustainer, rest in Him as our all in all.
Have you ever thought that He might have a special day set apart for you to come apart and rest?  It is something that you can check out on your own and we will cover it in a future study, but right now it is important for us to find our place and plans that He has for us so that when we come to greater ideals we will be willing to follow on to know Him better.

John 10:28  "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand/"  What a promise is this!!!  Eternal life and not anyone can take us out of His hand.  When we draw  close to Him this is what happens and it is His final reward for all those who follow on to know Him and spend time with Him.  I am looking forward to this gift that is ours because Jesus came and gave His life that we might have eternal life with Him.  Are you looking forward to this gift?  I hope so, all His gifts are so great but the greatest gift of all is spending eternity with the One who died for us that we might be there.  Don't disappoint Him, He cares for you and wants you to be ready when He comes to take you home with Him
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment