Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Relentless Pursuit!!

Have you ever had anyone pursue you relentlessly?  I can only think of one who fits that bill.  Can you guess who it might be.  God of course.  He is not One to give up the pursuit, He sticks with it until we give in or just plain tell Him to get lost.  I would never want to do that would you?  Well, you can be sure that He is pursuing you, no matter who you are.  He uses many methods.  He uses people in our lives or sends someone to us that lets us know that we are being pursued.

I have been pursued all my life and I am so thankful.  From the time I was a little girl, He has been after me and has never given up even when I did or almost did. It didn't matter to Him, He was always there pursuing.
One way or another He was going to get me.  Sometimes He sends trials our way to get our attention, that is when we play hard to get, then He gets desperate to get our attention.

To have a Friend who loves us that much is incomprehensible, I cannot understand it but because of what He has done for me and with me, I know it is true.

He is so much into saving us that He has promised that when He calls us, He will also do it for us.  In 1 Thessalonians 5:24,  Then in verses 14 - 24 He exhorts us what our duties are in order for Him to do it for us.  If we surrender our will to Him, He is more than willing to bring His power into play in our lives so that we can live in this world but not of it.  We can be confident that when He has begun a good work in us that He will complete it until Jesus comes.  Philippians 1:6.

Have you ever had anyone pursue you and then promise that he will do the work for you if you will just let him?  I haven't.  To have a Friend like Jesus is all we need in this world to make it to the Kingdom of God.
Don't just let Him pursue you, let Him catch you and give in to His relentless pursuing and let Him make you into the kind of person He wants you to be.  You will never regret letting Him catch you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment