Wednesday, December 18, 2013

David's Prayer is My Prayer

Have you ever studied David's prayer in Psalms 51?  I love to pray it, it fits me so very well, except when I add some personal requests and thanksgiving.  I am going to go through it with you and maybe you will see why I love this prayer so much.  It seems to touch every aspect of my life, almost.  I then add my personal requests and thanksgiving.

Psalms 51:1,2  "Have mercy upon me, O God according to Your loving kindness;  According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions, Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin;"

I need mercy and I am glad that He has a multitude of tender mercies for me.  My need is so great at times, I feel overwhelmed.  Do you ever feel that way?  He is also full of loving kindness towards me, I am so thankful for His great love for me.

Verse 3  "For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is always before me."  I have acknowledged my transgressions and my sin and I know that He has forgiven me as He has promised in 1 John 1:9 but Satan loves to throw them up in my face and then I I have to resist him as it says in James 4:7.  You see we have direction from the Bible to handle every situation if we only study it out. It really is quite simple, we just make it hard, we always seem to make the Christian walk a hard thing to do, when if we left it with God who makes things so simple for us if we would only do them.

Verse 4  David is speaking about his transgression with another man's wife  "against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight--That You may be found just, when you speak, and blameless when You judge."  He knew he would be judged righteously and when forgiven be found blameless.  Such a
 wonderful thought about our past sins.  He really does forgive and the Bible says He casts them in the depths of the sea.  What better place for forgiven sins.

Will you join me in this prayer of David's?  Then add your own personal requests and thanks to it.  It means a lot to me and I am sure if you go over it slow and mindful, you will see what I mean.  Tomorrow we will look at some more of this prayer, in the meantime, try my suggestion and believe what it says.  Is is rewarding and beautiful.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment