Monday, December 2, 2013

Unworthy - part 2 - last part

I wanted so much yesterday to tell you about a song my husband use to sing.  He use to sing solo's for church and occasions and he was asked one time to repeat a song he had sung before and the title to the song is 'Unworthy'.  He loved it and so did I.  I use to play for him sometimes when he sang.

I want to share the words with you today so you can see why we both loved it so much.  I use to go to bed singing it, it was so beautiful.  I wish I could share the music with you, but maybe you could find it on You Tube, not sure about that, but here are the words.

Unworthy

Unworthy am I of the grace that He gave, Unworthy to hold to His hand.
 Amazed that a King would reach down to a slave, This love I cannot understand.

My sorry and sickness laid stripes on His back, My sins caused the blood that was shed,
My faults and my failures have woven a crown of thorns, that He wore on His head.

Unworthy am I of the glory to come, Unworthy with angels to sing,
I thrill just to know that He loved me so much, A pauper, I walk with the King.

Chorus:
I'm unworthy, unworthy, a beggar, in bondage and alone,
But He made me worthy and now by His grace, His mercy has made me His own.

If you could only hear the music, it is such a beautiful song and the words are so meaningful.  I use to sing duets with him but I can barely hold a tune anymore.  But I still love to play and pretend to sing.  Maybe God will have mercy and restore my voice.  I know He will in the earth made new but it would also be nice now.  Nothing is impossible for Him.  I hope the words of this song help you in your restoration to spiritual things.  Just remembering it has helped me.  With Christian love,  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment