Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Knowledge of God That Works Transformation

Does your life need transforming?  Mine does and I want God to transform my life into His image.  That is  a big order for me, but I need it and the longer I live the more I desire it. Do  you feel that way too?  In this world we need something stable and God is the only real stability that we can have.  I was reading some thoughts on transformation of character and I found this quote in a book called 'Ministry of Healing'.  P. 425.

"The knowledge of God as revealed in Christ is the knowledge that all who are saved must have.  It is the knowledge that works transformation of character.  This knowledge, received, will re-create the soul in the image of God.  It will impart to the whole being a spiritual power that is divine."

2 Corinthians 3:18  "We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory."

2 Corinthians 1:9-11  "We do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might according to His glorious power, unto all patience and long-suffering with joyfulness."

These are great promises of being changed into His image and  being filled with knowledge and all wisdom and spiritual understanding, so that we may walk worthy of the Lord  and please Him being fruitful and increasing in the knowledge of God, strengthened with all might according to His glorious power, unto all patience and long-suffering with joyfulness. What wonderful promises, how can we fail Him who has promised such wonderful works in our life.

He has promised to transform us into His image from glory to glory.  I pray that He is transforming me and I know He is, I need Him so much in my life.  I pray for you also, that He is transforming your life into His image.  I know He is doing it for you too.  All we have to do is ask, these are the kind of prayers that we can expect answers to.  He is thrilled to answer these prayers for our spiritual growth.  So let your prayer be,
'transform me, Father, into your image so I may reflect your likeness to others' and He will do it.  Grandma Joan.

No comments:

Post a Comment