Friday, August 2, 2013

Back to Prayer

So sorry that I forgot to finish our Prayer Study.  Prayer is so important in our lives and do you remember the verse that says, 'pray without ceasing'?  1 Thessalonians 5:17.  Sometime back I did a study on the praying without ceasing and it means to always be in the attitude of prayer so that no matter what is going on in your life you can lift your heart up to God, at work, in a meeting, taking a walk, whatever you are doing you can talk to God and he will hear. What better friend could we have, especially One who can do anything and everything for us according to the power that works in us, remember that verse?

Remember the part in the Lord's Prayer that says, 'Forgive us our debts as we forgive others?'  We must forgive if we want to be forgiven, it is one of the hardest things to do at times but we can do it.  I had to learn to forgive someone one time that was a hard thing to do, actually more than once.  Two different people. The first one had abused me in a very bad way and I finally was able to forgive but they were gone and out of my life before I was able to forgive them.  But a weight was lifted off my heart that was even heavier to bear than what had been done to me. It is really important to forgive others when they have wronged us, even if they don't seem to care if we do or not.  Why should we let what others do or say mess up our lives and make us miserable?  It really does, they aren't usually miserable for doing it but we allow ourselves to become miserable by not forgiving them.

So forgiving our debtors is important if we want to be forgiven of our sins.  If you do not feel like forgiving, You can ask God to give you a forgiving spirit and He will do it, He did it for me.  He has done it more than once for me.  An unforgiving spirit can stand in the way of our prayers being answered.

Matthew 6:14,15  "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."  We all need forgiven don't we?  So we all need to forgive.

Philippians 4:13  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  See we can have the power to forgive if we desire to do it.

Do you feel destitute?  Psalms 102:17  "He shall regard the prayer of the destitute, and shall not despise their prayer."  A great promise, sometimes we all have a moment or longer when we feel destitute of God's Spirit, but we have this promise that He regards our prayers when we feel this way.  I am so happy that we have an all knowing, and all loving God.  Aren't you?  I can't make it through the day without Him and I am sure He is delighted when I spend time with Him.  How about you, can you make it without Him, I mean really make it, with a heart full of peace and resting in His will?  It is something that I am learning to do and it really is a wonderful way to live, I try not to forget to spend my time with Him two or three times a day.  I like to stop what I am doing in the middle of the day and spend a few minutes with Him, I really believe that, that is what is keeping me going and able to keep up with my duties each day.  May you be blessed with these special thoughts today as I was.  Grandma Joan



No comments:

Post a Comment