Saturday, August 10, 2013

Don't Trust These Things!!!

Do you trust everything and everybody?  I suppose that is a silly question but some people do, they think because they are honest, everyone else is.  There are some very important things that we are told not to trust. I guess I wasn't too surprised at what I found and you may not be either.  But it is very interesting and I can see the reasons now that I studied it.  So here they are, see what you think about it.  It might surprise you what I found.

Psalms 44:6  "I will not trust in my bow, Nor shall my sword save me."  That is telling us not to trust in weapons.  God is stronger than any weapon and He will take care of us.  I believe that, don't you.

Psalms 49:6,7  "Those who trust in their wealth and boast in the multitude of their riches, None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him."  In this day and age, who can trust in their wealth, it's here one day and gone the next.  I know of two or three people who had good RA's and the next day they were gone.

Psalms 146:3  "Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help."  It is telling us that we should not put our trust in leaders or any man that can't help us.  To find someone trustworthy is not easy.  Some people can't even trust their spouse, or their best friend, I think we all know that this does happen, don't we?  Sometimes it is a business partner, or employer.  I hope none of you have experienced any of these things.  I had a friend who had $700,000 and he gave it to his lawyer to invest for him and the lawyer disappeared with the money.

Jeremiah 17:5  "Thus says the Lord.  'Cursed is the man who trusts in man, and makes flesh his strength.'

Ezekiel 33:13  "When I say to the righteous that he shall surely live, but he trusts in his own righteousness and commits iniquity, none of his righteous works shall be remembered, but because of his iniquity that he has committed, he shall die."  We are not to trust in our good deeds or our good behavior.  It is the grace of Christ that merits our being saved not anything that we do, because it is through Christ that we can do anything good.  If we have committed iniquity we need to repent so that we can surely live.

This has been a short study but full of meaning and warnings against who and what we can trust in.  Very timely for me and I hope it has helped you.  Be encouraged because Christ is giving us knowledge and also help to not trust the things that will cause us to be lost. His love is too great to not warn us and help us through all our trials.  We need Him every step of the way and I hope that you feel your need of Him too.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment