Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Have you been derailed?

This morning I sat here wondering what was wrong with me, I have had a hard time getting my thoughts together even for my time with God and all of a sudden I realized that someone was trying to control things and it wasn't God.  What could be going on and then I thought about the enemy in the camp, and sure enough he was trying to derail me into his line of thinking and I needed God's help to get back on the rails, so to speak.  Well, in this mode of thinking, I thought about how we are getting derailed all the time and some don't even know they are derailed.  Isn't that true?  I have been derailed more than once and needed brought back on the rails.  It's kind of a dead feeling if I can use that word, you can't get your thoughts together specially if it has to do with God and your way of life. You feel a little down, and don't know just what the problem is.  He (the enemy) would like to derail us to the point that we would not make it into God's kingdom, I hate his subtle ways with us poor mortals, so what can we do?

The first text that comes to mind is James 4:7,8  "Submit yourselves therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.  Draw night to God and He will draw nigh to you."  How simple does God make our life if we will let Him.

You might ask, How do we resist the devil?  One way that I do it is to get into the Word of God, he doesn't like it when we put God first in our lives or run to Him for help, we have all heaven on our side and he doesn't and he tries to use force and God uses love so it is important to let God's love prevail and satan will flee.

Psalms 46:1  "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  He is our refuge and strength, right here, right now, so flee to Him for the help we need when we are buffeted by the devil.

Psalms 124:8  "Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth."

Isaiah 55:6  "Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near."  I know that He is so delighted to have us seek Him and call upon Him for help, our help is in His name, He is our Creator and Redeemer.  He wants us to be safe in His keeping all the time so let's let Him take care of us and let Him rebuke the devil as we draw nigh to Him each day.  Of course we must ask for His help.

This has been so helpful to me today, I believe that the devil is a defeated foe because I can trust the above promises for my life.  How about you?  I know you can do it too.  We have the power of all heaven on our side and it couldn't be better for us.  Do you believe that?  I am sure you do, so have faith in His promises and let Him take care of you.  I am ready for this day, how about you?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment