Monday, August 26, 2013

You Have a Substitute

Substitute is someone who takes another's place, it could be a teacher, a laborer, anyone who takes someone else's place.  I was a substitute teacher years ago, I thought it was fun and I looked forward to doing it.

But the Substitute we have was not a fun job, it was a loving thing to do but not fun and I don't think he looked forward to it with pleasure except to know what the end results would be.

Isaiah 53;5  " But He was wounded for our transgressions,  He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed."

Galatians 3:13  "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us, for it is written 'cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree."

Hebrews 2:9  "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone."

1 Peter 3:18  "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit."

Do you see Jesus as your Substitute, I do, what a marvelous thing He has done for us by taking our punishment and suffering for our sins that we might be with Him forever.  Does this help you to love Him more, it sure helps me, every time I envision His willing sacrifice for me, it causes me to love Him more and I want to continue to grow in His love until I am ready to go home with Him.  How about you?

I want so much for my little worships to help you to see Jesus as He really is, a loving, merciful, forgiving Savior, One who has done everything possible to save us and will do whatever it takes to make us holy beings ready to go home with Him.  Are you willing to accept His work in you, so that He can do His will in us and for us?  I am and I pray that you are.  Living for Him beats anything we have ever done or will do.  It brings a joy that cannot be replaced by anything that we can do.  Think about it and surrender your will to Him to make you a new person in Christ.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment