Sunday, August 18, 2013

The First Sin, Are You Guilty?

As you know, I have been beseeching God in my life to help me be an overcomer and the worships that I have been sharing with you are my personal studies that God gives me in my search to being an overcomer and today was no exception, this one is a strong one and one that I desperately need His power in to gain the victory that I want.  Can you guess what it is?  I think I would be safe in saying that most if not all people need this one victory in their life.

The first sin was Eve's when she took of the forbidden fruit.  She was intemperate in her desires.  Wanting something that God had strictly forbidden.

Then we go down to Noah's day, their eating and drinking led to widespread corruption.  And the world was destroyed by a flood.

Then there was Sodom and Gomorrah, gratification of unnatural appetite led to the sins that caused the destruction of the cities by fire.

Then there was Esau, who lusted after his favorite dish, and sacrificed his birthright.

Then Israel lusted for the flesh meats of Egypt, they preferred to go back to Egypt and  endure slavery and even death, rather than to be deprived of flesh meat.  And God granted their request and many died with the meat still in their mouths.

Intemperance was the first great evil, and today we are slaves to appetite.  That's heavy isn't it?  I don't like to think that I am a slave to anything, but the truth is we are all slaves to our precious idols.  We love food more than we love God, or we love to eat more than we love to spend time with God.  Whatever your problem is, it involves love for some pleasure which is an idol.

When Christ was in the wilderness of temptation, after He came off His forty days and nights fast, the first temptation the devil presented to Him was to make the stones into bread.  Eve failed her first temptation and Christ overcame His first temptation for us, to show us it is possible to rebuke the devil with 'it is written' as Christ did.

Remember the story of Daniel, 'he purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the king's meat or the king's wine.  Daniel was an honor to God, wasn't he?  I want to be like that, don't you?

Romans 12:1  "I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service."

1 Corinthians 6:19  "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

We are to present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which really is a reasonable service,
and our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is a free gift from God and we belong to God.

I have had a revelation from this study, how about you?  I see it all in a different light now and by the grace of God, I will be victorious over appetite.  It is not only what we eat, but how much we eat, we don't want to burden our stomachs with too much food, which dulls the brain as well as injures the body.  So are you ready to conquer this evil, I believe I am, so let's get started and give the devil a rebuke he will never forget.  "It is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God."
Matthew 4:4.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment