Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Why No Answers to my Prayers?

Have you ever wondered why God doesn't answer your prayer? I am wondering right now. I was wondering last night as I was lying in bed, just what is wrong with me that my prayers seem not to be heard, when I have had lots of answers, there doesn't seem to be an answer this time. So this morning I am going to do a study on this very subject and I hope it helps anyone who is having the same problem and I hope it helps me figure out the why's.

 Psalms 66:18 "If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear me."
 Isaiah 59:2 says the same thing. "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear.'

 Proverbs 1:28,29 "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently but they will not find me, Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord."

 Proverbs 21:13 "Whoever shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, will also cry himself and not be heard. 

Proverbs 28:9 "One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is an abomination."

 Micah 3:4 "Then they will cry to the Lord, but He will not hear them; He will even hide His face from them at that time, because they have been evil in their deeds."

 James 4:3 "You ask and do not receive because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures."

Wow! That was quite a study, I will go over it again and again and pray over it to see wherein I am failing to receive answers. It may be because I want something and God knows it is not good for me, even though it seems good at the moment. I try to be willing to walk in the path that He has outlined for me as long as He is walking with me. I hope this hasn't been too hard on you, it was pretty hard on me, I want so much to be willing to accept His will. I have been wondering about this for a week now and reading promises and trying to understand where they fit into my life. I know there is an answer and I will find it and when I do, I will share it with you if it is not too personal. Hope you have a wonderful day and have benefited by this study, I am sure that I will but it may take some time. Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment