Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Do you like fruit? God does too.

Did you know that fruit is cleansing to our bodies and vegetables are body building?  I like that idea and it really does work.  If you need cleansing, go on a fruit fast for two or three days, amazing how you will feel afterwards.  There is a plus too, you will lose one to three pounds, probably, not guaranteed of course, just a suggestion.  But fruit truly is cleansing.

My favorite fruit used to be cherries in season, but recently I have fallen in love with mangoes.  I love mangoes and could eat one every day or just have a fruit salad of mangoes, with some of my homemade crackers and that would be a wonderful meal.  How about it?

Did you know that God loves fruit too?  You say, 'how do you know that?  I will show you how I know that.  This is God speaking in Proverbs 8:19  "My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold."  What fruit is He talking about?   I believe He is talking about the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22,23  "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  Against these there is no law."  In other words there is nothing in the scriptures against bearing this kind of fruit.  If everyone bore all the fruit of the Spirit, what would this world be like?  It is so important for us to do all we can to make our world a more pleasant place to live and we can start in the home, then in the church and then in the community.  I know we can't change the whole world, but we can change our homes and help in changing our churches and community.  I hope my worship blog is helping to change someone and someone's home, I pray that it is.  It is changing mine.  But not those who live here, it is changing me, my attitude, my selfishness, it is making me a better person all the way around and for that I am thanking God.  As God changes me, He is changing those I love, whether near or far away.  It is far more pleasant to live with someone that God is working on and it eventually changes their heart too.

Do you see why God's fruit is better than Gold, even fine Gold.?  It is cleansing too, just like the fruit we eat. God loves His kind of fruit and has provided all the necessary ingredients for our Spiritual cleansing and has also provided our fruit for our Physical cleansing.

Yes, we like fruit and some like one kind better than another kind and God loves fruit too, but He loves all of His kind of fruit and it is beneficial to every part of us, our Spiritual cleansing as well as mental, emotional and physical because as we are transformed into His image, we are being transformed in body, soul and spirit and He will be able to put His finishing touch on us when He comes to take us home with Him.  So it is with the fruit He has created for our enjoyment, we will feel better if we eat some everyday.  We like a bowl of fruit with our breakfast or if our breakfast is to big we have a fruit salad for our evening meal if you eat one or you could even have a fruit salad for lunch on a nice warm summer day, very cooling too.

I hope you will be blessed by God's fruit of the Spirit.  I have been and I know He will bless each of us as we bear fruit to His glory.  Grandma Joan.




No comments:

Post a Comment